Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 6




Well folks as I said I am giving you my last comment on this blog. Afraid I would oversleep, I was awake at 4:00 and certainly would have overslept if I went back to bed. So I tuned into CBC Radio overnight on the internet, which always has some interesting topics on. My taxi arrived sharp at 6:00 and I went to the bus terminal where 20 pounds buys you a ticket right to the Central Bus Terminal at Heathrow. We left at 6:30 and arrived there at 7:50. A short walk through to Terminal 3 placed me right at the Air Canada counter where check in was easy. My luggage was within the weight limits and I was off to security which was very fast even at that time of the morning. A swing through Duty Free proved I had enough stuff at home so I picked up a book and a little something for Carol. Heathrow has very nice Gates that are like rooms and as you go in your passport is checked with your boarding pass and subsequent entry to the airplane is very quick. While we boarded the plane on time it was 45 minutes late leaving with no explanation given. No problem for me with my new PD James novel. Once in the air, a lovely meal was served with wine and another snack an hour before landing accompanied by another wine. We landed at 1:15 and customs and luggage were a breeze. I was met by my lovely wife Carol and she was a sight for sore eyes. I am now home watching the 2nd leg of the Champions League soccer game between Chelsea and Barcelona. Chelsea is up 1-0 at half time. Tim and Nigel, I hope your team won. Jim sorry about Arsenal last night. Now we just have to see who Man U will be playing in Rome. You won't see the result here however as I am ending this long running blog shortly.

To everyone that I met, worked with and shared a pint over the past 5 weeks, thanks for your friendship. This was a great experience and even though I am home earlier than I had planned, I feel that I accomplished everything I wanted to. Next week Carol and I have the pleasure of visiting with our 2 grand daughters in Calgary and that was certainly worth coming home for. Thanks for reading and Good Night.......Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment